VTMB Absolutely Unofficial True Patch Platinum
1. Install Bloodlines 1.1 or 1.2, whatever version you are looking to play. We're assuming your main Bloodlines folder below is \Vampire - Bloodlines\.
2. Unzip the bloodlines-autpp.zip. You'll see four files: engine.dll, shaperapidx9.dll, vampire.dll, and vampire.exe.
3. Copy the engine.dll and shaperapidx9.dll to ..\Vampire - Bloodlines\Bin\
4. Copy the vampire.dll to ..\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\dlls
5. Copy the vampire.exe to ..\Vampire - Bloodlines\
Yes, overwrite the original files.
6. Play the video game.
Quality of life setup:
Remember to set hotkeys so you can change fps_max while in game, otherwise you will have a difficult time interacting with physics puzzles and doors.
1. Locate the config.cfg files in ..\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\cfg and open it with Notepad
2. Choose which hotkeys you want to use and add the following lines to the bottom of the file:
bind "MOUSE4" "fps_max 60"
bind "MOUSE5" "fps_max 300"
In the provided example, MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 are the side mouse buttons used for the hotkeys.
3. Save the file.
Enable Console from Shortcut:
1. Right-click the shortcut to the vampire.exe and go to properties
2. Append to the Target line at the end outside of the quotations: -console
Example: \vampire.exe" -console
Useful Console Commands:
fps cl_showfps 1 - show your game's fps in the top right corner.
fps cl_showpos 1 - shows your character's position on the loaded map, including player velocity
noclip - get unstuck and fly anywhere you want
vampire.exe from the Unofficial Patch: http://www.planetvampire.com/forum/ & http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7
vampire.dll also probably from the Unofficial Patch, or Steam.
engine.dll and shaperapidx9.dll hexedited by lurkchan following instructions from: https://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?intro
(You can also use the engine.dll and shaperapidx9.dll from the Unofficial Patch if you feel like it)